During the festival of Christmas people adorn the inside as well as the exterior of the house with the Christmas crafts that differ from one another in all aspects. These crafts may be bead crafts, paper crafts, woodcrafts, food crafts etc. The crafts are made at home or purchased from the market.
Beaded Christmas Crafts are a kind of craft that are made with the help of beads.
With the list of materials as well as instructions mentioned below try to make the following Beaded Christmas Crafts.
Tri -Bead Heart
- 12-inch red or white chenille stems
- Colorful translucent tri-beads (non-translucent beads may be used)
- Wire cutters (or a good pair of scissors)
- Keychain (optional)
- Craft lace (optional)
- Cut the chenille stem in half. (Save the other half for another project).
- Bend one end of the chenille stem into an "L" (about one-and-a-half inch). This keeps the beads from falling off when they are put on the chenille stem.
- Thread beads onto chenille stem until there is about one-and-a-half inch of the stem left showing.
- Bend the other end of the chenille stem into an "L" shape.
- Twist the two "L" shapes together. Clip off any extra wire. Be sure to bend in any sharp edges.
- Bend into a heart shape.
- Add to a ribbon for a necklace, a key ring for a backpack, or attach to a Valentine.
Beaded Reindeer Ornament
- Paper mache Reindeer ornament, three dimensional
- About 18 feet of small gold bead garland, depending on the size of your reindeer ornament.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Gold glitter glue or paint
- Paper towels
- Wax paper
- Gold ribbon
Learn about the other types of Beaded Christmas Crafts with Christmas Carnivals.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the beads tightly around the reindeer. To do this, wind the beads around and around the reindeer, putting drops of hot glue where needed. You may need to cut smaller pieces of the bead garland to wind separately around the legs, head, antlers, etc.
- Continue this process until the whole body of the reindeer gets covered with beads.
- Allow the glue to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze a small amount of the gold glitter glue or paint onto another piece of wax paper.
- Use the paintbrush to paint the glitter onto the body of the reindeer. Use a toothpick to remove the large clumps of glitter, if it has fallen between the beads.
- To make the body of the ornament shimmer, use the paper towel to remove some of the paint off of the body.
- Allow the ornament to dry on the wax paper.
- Cut a piece of ribbon to tie around the neck of the reindeer. Form a loop with the ribbon if you want to hang this ornament.