Christmas is a festival that is celebrated worldwide to commemorate the birth of Christ. During this festival people decorate their homes as well as the Christmas tree with various kinds of ornaments, lights and crafts. These crafts are made at the Sunday schools or at homes by the children .
The adults also take part in this crafting activity. Christmas Craft Stockings are easy to make, as it requires less effort.
The types of Christmas Stockings Crafts that can be made at home with simple equipments are:
- Classic Stocking
- Ballet Slipper Stocking
- Elf Boot Stocking
- Felt Gift Stocking
- Cowboy Boot Stocking
- Bare Foot Stocking
Given below is the list of materials as well as the instructions to maker an Elf Boot Stocking
- 2 pieces of light green fleece, each 24/20 inches
- 3 pieces of dark green felt, each 24/20 inches
- Long sewing pins
- Large –eye-sewing needle
- Dark green embroidery floss
- Red jingle bells, 4 medium and 1 large
- Clear tape
- 9 inches of red twist cord
- Cut 1 boot shape from each piece of the light green fleece.
- Cut a decorative shape from 1 piece of the dark green felt for the front of the stocking and 1 stocking shape from each of the remaining 2 pieces of the felt.
- Place a light green boot on top of a dark green boot, pin the decorative shape on top, and use the floss to whipstitch around the inner edge of decorative shape through both boots.
- Pin together all 4 boots with the dark green boots on the inside.
- Using the floss whipstitch around the edges, sewing the boots together. Leave the top edges unsown.
- At the top, sew together the front 2 edges, then the back 2.
- Fold down the top to make a cuff.
- The trimmings: Use the floss to sew the medium red bells to the decorative shape and the large red bell to the toe tip.
- Tape the ends of the cord to keep them from fraying and then sew the cord to the stocking for hanging.
- Stuff the curly toe of the boot with fiberfill to keep it from flopping over when the stocking is empty.
Learn to make the other types of Christmas Stocking Crafts with Christmas Carnivals.