A lot of fun and enjoyment is associated with the making of Christmas crafts. These crafts can be paper crafts, wood crafts, or crafts made from any other material. The crafts are primarily made by children in schools or at home. Often the adults actively participate in this crafting activity. The Crafts with Christmas Lights are used for decorating the indoors as well as the exterior of a house.
Try these easy steps to make a Basket of Light, which has the ability to light up a house during the festival of Christmas.
- 1 willow basket
- 2 lbs of, lodge pole pine cones or use approximately 20 large pine cones
- 6 of pine sprays or cut apart one pine garland or use cuttings from your tree
- 100 clear indoor lights (brown cord).
- 3 poinsettia stems
- 1 1/2 yards o wire edged rib
- Floral wire
- Wire Cutter (if anybody uses a wired pin garland.)
- Wire wood floral picks (if anybody uses a pine garland)
- Fill half the basket with pine cones.
- Place your string of 100 mini lights in the basket. Put the plugged end over the back of the basket so that you don't loose track of it later.
- Add more pine cones (pulling sections of your lights upward so that you don't cover them all with cones).
- Add your pine sprays (or pine garland sections) to the basket. Using them to camouflage the strings from the lights.
Instructions to make Pine Sprays from a pine garland:
- Cut 15" sections from your garland. Attach ends to wire wood picks.
- You can also attach cinnamon sticks, smaller pine cones, or eucalyptus bells (using floral wire) to each for a special look and smell.
- Add a few more pine cones.
- Add poinsettia.
- Add any smaller ornaments you want (sparingly).
- Make a floral bow using wire edged ribbon. Attach to basket with floral wire.
- Slip the wire around the middle of the bow. Wrap it around a few times and twist the ends of the wire. Use the wire ends to attach you bow to the basket.
- You could also scent your basket with a few drops of fragrance oil.
- Plug in your lights and you have a Basket of Light for the holidays.
Know about the other kinds of Crafts With Christmas Lights and learn to make them with Christmas Carnivals..