Christmas is observed worldwide to celebrate the birth of Christ. During this festival people decorate their homes in the best possible way with the various decorative items that are available in the market. At the time of the Christmas festival people adorn the indoor as well as the outdoors of the house with different kinds of crafts that are made at home or brought from the market.
These crafts may be paper crafts, woodcrafts or food crafts.
Christmas Food crafts as the name suggestsare crafts that are crafted out of vegetables or cereals or any other food product.
With the help of the materials and the instructions listed below try the following Christmas Food crafts at home.
Vegetable Prints- This craft can be given as a gift to any person.
- Butcher's paper, tissue paper, rice paper, or shelf paper, 9 X 12 inches or larger for wrapping paper, or smaller for writing paper.
- Jar of water
- Various fruits and vegetables
- Tempera paints
String of Paper Gingerbread Men and Women: This craft can be put across rooms or placed on the windows or tied around the Christmas tree.
- Arrange the paper on top of newspaper. Fill jar with water to hold brushes.
- Cut mushrooms and cauliflower florets top to bottom and an apple crosswise, removing the seeds. Allow the vegetables and fruit halves to dry on paper towels for at least an hour. You can also use lemon and orange halves, but they take at least 2 days to dry.
- Brush the cut surface of the vegetables and fruits with tempera paint and print by pressing firmly on the paper. You will be able to make 3 impressions before you need to repaint.
- Make a random pattern using fruits and vegetables or make rows of the same vegetable and fruits in different colors. Use colors according to your own will. When the paint is dry, the paper is ready to use.
- Brown grocery bag or brown/tan construction paper
- Crayons or markers
- Glue, tape, or staples
- A long piece of green or brown yarn or string
Know about the other Christmas Food crafts and learn to make them with Christmas Carnivals.
- Draw a gingerbread man or woman on a piece of construction paper. Make sure to draw a rectangle on the top of the head (your gingerbread person will hang from this rectangle, which will be folded over).
- Cut out the gingerbread people. Draw a face, clothes, etc.
- Fold the rectangle at the top of the head over.
- Attach the gingerbread person to a long string using tape, glue, or staples. Make more gingerbread people and attach them to the string.