A quilted Christmas tree skirt can be made into various patterns.
Here is an easy to make quilted Christmas tree skirt made by Sewing expert Sally Cheney:
- Place two pieces of fabric right sides together
- Draw an equilateral triangle (all sides are the same and the triangle should have a 60-degree angle) on a piece of cardboard for a template.
- Place the triangle on the fabric and cut along one side.
- It does not matter, if the triangle is smaller than the piece of fabric, it is only a guide.
- Continue cutting until you have three triangles.
- Keeping right sides together, sew each triangle.
- Open all three triangles and sew together.
- After all are sewn, fold together to form one triangle and cut a very small hole at the top.
- Open, and lay on another piece of fabric for the back piece.
- Trace the pattern on the fabric, cut out and sew the two pieces together.
- Open skirt right side out and sew any raw edges
- Add cording and embellishment.
- Place under the tree.
This beautiful and well-decorated tree skirt will be perfect for the holiday season.