No matter if your true love sends you Turtle Doves, French Hens, Calling Birds or a Partridge in a Pear tree on the twelfth day of Christmas. Your Christmas is still missing out on something, which adds to the festivity. Christmas Cake is that essential part.
Christmas Cakes are made in a variety of flavors and shapes. You must have relished cakes that are round, oval, heart shaped and the like. This Christmas go for Christmas Tree Cakes, which are shaped as Christmas tree. Here is a recipe:
Christmas Tree Cake
- large packet of Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 500 ml thickened cream (approx 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup castor sugar (optional)
- vanilla essence
- A Cadbury Flake bar
- maraschino cherries
- mint leaves
- christmas lollies (candies)
- Whip the cream with the vanilla essence (and sugar if preferred) until thick
and standing in peaks.
- Place cream on a biscuit and add another.
- Continue working biscuits into a circle.
- Once the circle is complete, cover with remainder of cream and refrigerate.
- To decorate place 3 or 4 mint leaves with 2 or 3 cherries at various places around the wreath to look like holly. Fill the centre of the wreath with christmas lollies.
- Use the Cadbury flake bar to make the trunk.