Christmas Palm trees are also known as Manila palm and belong to the family Aracaceae.
Here is some interesting information on Christmas Palm trees:
- Christmas Palm should be grown in shade while young but will grow in full sun when older on a wide variety of well-drained soils, including loamy, sandy, slightly alkaline and clayey soils.
- Trees should only be used in frost-free areas.
- These trees blossom in summer with white and yellow flowers.
- The Christmas palm is very much prone to lethal yellowing disease
- Christmas Palm has a very neat appearance and is well suited to use as a patio, terrace, specimen, or framing tree.
- It bears 0.5 centimeter to 1 inch long oval shaped red colored fruits.
- The cluster of glossy and bright red fruits on the Christmas Palm tree gives it a very showy appearance.
- Fruits hang below the leaves on the tree trunk.
These days Christmas Palm trees are being decorated on the eve of Christmas because of the following benefits:
- Christmas Palm trees last longer than real trees.
- Christmas Palm trees are safer than real trees because they are fire resistant.
- Christmas Palm trees needles do not shed and thus do not litter around the décor.
- Christmas Palm trees are easy to assemble and easy to store away.
- Christmas Palm trees don't weigh much.